Saturday, May 24, 2008

Flying Fun

So my luck on flights continues and I still love flying, but dislike Air Canada.

here it is in a nutshell.

1- Plane in Ottawa has engine problems, grounded
2- Get on next flight to Montreal, told that I will make my connection without any problems.
3-Arrive in MOntreal with 20 minutes before my flight to winnipeg.
4- Rush over to my gate which is a fair jaunt, arrive with 15 minutes to spare.
5- Greeted by very confused AC staff.
6- Told that they did not expect me in Montreal until the next flight and so had the winnipeg flight leave early
That is right folks, an Air Canada flight left EARLY! and I was supposed to be on it..........bad service once again although at least this time, I got a hotel room, meal paid for, and executive class the next morning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, where exactly was the poor service in this writeup? It reads like excellent recovery to me.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Denton83 said...

nowhere do I mention a bad recovery. It was a great recovery. However, I am pointing out my bad luck with Air Canada.

Plus, it never should have gotten to this point if the employee in Ottawa had mentioned to Montreal that I would be arriving in time to make the connection.

If this was the first issue with Air Canada I have had, I may be raving about the recovery, unfortunately, it is not.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home